Surely you know what a challenge it is to find and attract new customers. But no less complicated is the process of retaining them. Moreover, it is worth noting that for a physical shop and an online store, the approaches are fundamentally different.
When it comes to your organization’s website or physical store, you have more control over the buying experience. Besides, it is much easier to build relationships with customers. But why do online platforms limit these opportunities?
A platform is a brand. Amazon is a compelling example of a forum. Its primary goal is to please customers. Online platforms achieve a positive experience of using the site. Each company is a common link in a successful chain.
The reality is that one can quite effectively retain their customers in the online market. You have only to apply the available tools and use working strategies.
Thus, we have prepared 5 of the most critical recommendations for customer retention on Amazon. So, let’s get started!
Table of Contents:
- Don’t neglect your position in the search results.
- Without the best service, you can not leave the shore.
- Text listings and hosted content have huge potential.
- After making a purchase, everything is just beginning!
- Finding and handling complaints will help in development.
- In Summary
Don’t neglect your position in the search results
We suggest starting with the basics. Imagine that you want to buy something on Amazon. What do you do first? You drive the desired query in the search bar and then browse the suggested results.
What does this say? To grab the attention of buyers and remind them of your brand, it must remain visible. You should take care of the following if you have many different products. You should appear in the results for every search query related to your product. For example, brand mention should appear not only in the product description or title but also in keywords. Trust us, don’t underestimate the power of keywords.
What will it give? Indeed, you already have many customers who were satisfied with the service quality. Such a positive experience will play into your hands when these customers constantly see your brand when they search on Amazon. And as the experience of many companies shows, such a discreet reminder increases the chances that users will want to buy something from you again.
Without the best service, you can not leave the shore
Isn’t quality customer service the responsibility of the Amazon online platform? Yes and no. It handles proper maintenance in the context of the entire site. But you are hardly interested in the whole online market. And to promote your brand, you will have to make extra efforts.
Be sure to check your account on the platform. We recommend focusing on the following questions:
- Are there customer service issues? If yes, how often? Try to cut them.
- Respond promptly to any messages. The faster, the better. But no later than within a day.
- Prepare a clear and helpful list of frequently asked questions. And, of course, the answers.
- Can a client find contact details on the site to contact your company? How easy is it? Make sure that your contacts and other information are easily accessible.
Text listings and hosted content have huge potential
Many do not attach importance to the language your company speaks to the audience. And customer retention rates suffer as a result. After all, if buyers notice that they are being told to in their language, they are more inclined toward the brand.
We want to note that this strategy helps effectively find new customers and retain existing ones.
Leading marketers recognize written communication with customers as a powerful tool. And the best and only way to use it on an online platform is through lists.
But, due to the “best” content showcasing policy, your listings differ little from your competitors. Is it possible to fight this? Your words against theirs? The following tips will help:
- Monitoring the highest coefficient listing. The term Buy Box share is not new to you. Why is she remarkable? If you lead, you gain control over the listing and content.
- Qualitative data. What is in your power is the quality of the information you provide. Do your best to keep the content true, accurate, valuable, and useful.
After making a purchase, everything is just beginning!
Suppose some customers have purchased something from you. And it would be very cool if you contacted them after that. As you might have guessed, a personalized approach to customer retention comes into play. And it can bring unprecedented benefits. So, what can you write to these people about?
- Tell them that everything is good with their order. And it’s on its way.
- Ask for feedback on product quality.
- Offer a discount on your next purchase.
- Thank them for their purchases.
These messages must be consistent with the “voice” of your company. And at the same time, they must be individual and focused on each client.
Undoubtedly, this approach helps to build solid and trusting relationships. So, feel free to implement this strategy!
Finding and handling complaints will help in development
Who likes to deal with complaints? Nobody. Yet, avoiding this issue can cost you more. Customers who want your products will tell their friends and colleagues about them. Fabulous! But what will they do if they don’t like them? They will do the same! And this will already hurt your brand.
But the problem is that almost 90% of dissatisfied customers will never tell you about their dissatisfaction. They will simply cease to be your customers.
So how do you spot them? Write to them! Ask them how they enjoyed their purchases. Perhaps they have a terrible experience they want to share. Crucial benefits of this strategy:
- Firstly, this way you can resolve the situation with dissatisfied customers.
- Secondly, you will have information about what needs to be eliminated and improved in the company’s work.
You have nothing to lose!
Competitiveness and the struggle for each client in the online market are only increasing. So, you need to be able to attract customers and keep them. And Amazon sellers are tirelessly working on it.
Our RFMcube platform is ready to help them with this! Thanks to it, your marketing and business performance will increase by more than 40%! Our application can determine an effective marketing strategy and segment customers. Besides, RFMcube helps increase campaign ROI and retain more customers. We do our best to help you make your business strategy even more effective. Thus, feel free to contact us!